TJGT POLICIES & WAIVERS
THESE POLICES APPLY TO MEMBERSHIP & TOURNAMENT OPERATIONS. EACH REGISTERED MEMBER AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING POLICIES OR RISK LOSING THEIR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES.
Primary communication is via email. TJGT will make every effort to respond within 24 hours.
TJGT Staff Emails are listed under the “Contact Us” icon on the top of the home page.
— Donna Smith, Admin Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 817-521-9473 (Refunds, Profile Changes, Shirt Sizes etc)
— Travis Measley: Executive Director Email: email@example.com
1) To cancel a tournament registration – e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with player name and tournament name/date.
2) All cancellations will be refunded as tour credit on the player’s TJGT account for future use (credit expires when a player is no longer eligible to compete on the TJGT; credit is not transferable). Players may request a credit card refund instead, subject to a $35 admin fee. Requests for a credit card refund must be received by 5PM on the final day of the tournament in which the player has withdrawn.
Note – In general, all funds will be refunded/credited based on the method used in the original registration. Tour credits are not redeemable as cash. In issuing a refund to a credit card, if part of an entry fee was “paid” using credit, that credit will be returned to the player’s account, and the remainder refunded to the credit card (upon request).
3) TJGT Membership – TJGT memberships (full season, partial season) are non-refundable 24 hours after purchase.
4) Open Series events – Refund request deadline is 12 PM (Noon), 5 days before the event (Ex: Monday at 12 PM (Noon) before a Sat-Sun tournament). Once the deadline has passed, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, unless one of the below requirements is met:
- Significant injury or illness to player (note from doctor required) preventing play on event dates – doctor’s note must be provided no later than 5PM on the day of the second round of the tournament in question
- Death of immediate family member or close friend (with provided obituary or service information)
- Qualification for national-level tournament (AJGA, USGA) or adult state amateur event. This does not include qualifiers, only the tournament themselves. Junior state-level tournaments and other local junior tour events are not included. The Texas State Junior is the one exception. Note – official tournament rounds must overlap at least one day to be eligible. Travel days are not counted in this exception.
- See #6 Below. FINAL DEADLINE 7AM the day before tournament (no refunds/credit after this deadline)
5) For Elite Series events – Refund request deadline is 12 PM (Noon), 10 days before the event. Once the deadline has passed, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, unless one of the requirements outlined above is met.
6) FINAL DEADLINE – 24 Hours Before An Event – No refunds will be given, regardless of reason, after 7 AM the day before an event. By this time, pairings have been set and courses have been informed of guaranteed player counts. Please note, simple failure to notify TJGT of participation or qualification for a higher-level event (AJGA/USGA/Adult State Opens) until after the 24 hour deadline will not qualify under the refund exception listed above. Players are expected to notify TJGT officials of their cancellation of a tournament immediately upon discovering a schedule conflict and not wait until the last minute.
Other Circumstances – Any player that is experiencing an unexpected or unique circumstance not outlined in the above exceptions may send a Refund Appeal Request to email@example.com for committee review. The appeal must thoroughly detail the reason why the player is unable to compete beyond the refund deadline. Please be specific and provide as much information as possible as to the extenuating circumstances preventing the player from participating.
All doctor’s notes, proof of other tournaments and appeals must be received no later than 5PM on the day of the final round of the tournament. Any documentation received after this deadline will not be considered.
A tournament that completes 18 holes by players within a division (boys 15-18, boys 11-14, girls 15-18, girls 11-14) is deemed a completed tournament by most ranking services, and therefore scores will be sent to those services (NJGS, AJGA, GJGR, etc.) In the event of an entire round being canceled and zero holes played for all divisions, all players will be issued a tour credit refund of $60 for an Open Series event and $75 for an Elite Series event. In the event of a complete cancellation, full tournament refunds will be returned.
Please allow up to 10 business days for all refunds to be returned.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- The TJGT prides itself in the quality of players, host facilities and community involvement at each of its events. In order to continue making our events enjoyable for everyone, the TJGT requires all of its members to adhere to a set of guidelines known as the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct helps to ensure that our players grow and mature by understanding and accepting the consequences of their actions as they participate in our events and visit the host facility and its city. The Code of Conduct is to be followed throughout the junior’s stay at the tournament and host city.
- Violations of the Code of Conduct include: unsportsmanlike conduct (including abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors or abuse of golf course property); not adhering to the dress code of the host golf course; use or association with drugs or alcohol, smoking or chewing tobacco products; vandalism at host hotel, abusive behavior to any competitor’s family and/or property; and conduct not becoming of a TJGT player, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions.
- Code of Conduct Violation Penalties: Any Code of Conduct violation will result in a letter written to the player and/or his/her parent/guardian. The TJGT tournament committee may enforce any or all of the following penalties based on the severity and frequency of the violation(s): a two-stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike conduct on the golf course, immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs and/or a tournament disqualification that may result in disqualification from the next tournament(s) for which a player has been accepted. The TJGT reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership for a major breach of the TJGT Code of Conduct. Violation of the TJGT Code of Conduct may affect a player’s eligibility for invitational events and post-season honors.
Eligibility to Play on the Texas Junior Golf Tour
Players are eligible to participate in Texas Junior Golf Tour events as long as they meet all of the following 3 requirements:
- The player has not reached their 20th birthday. Once a player turns 20 years old, they are no longer eligible to compete on the TJGT
- The player is not enrolled full time (more than 9 hours) at any educational institution beyond high school.
- The player has maintained his or her amateur status as defined by the USGA.
Any player who is unclear about their eligibility or wishes to request eligibility based on a unique age or academic situation, please contact Travis Measley – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age & Gender Divisions Policy
Players participate in sex-separated tournaments in accordance with his or her assigned birth gender (gender as listed on the birth certificate). The TJGT reserves the right to request proof of birth gender at any time if birth gender details come into question. For any questions or special circumstances regarding gender, please contact TJGT Executive Director Travis Measley at email@example.com.
Players will be slotted into the appropriate age division for a given event based on their date of birth at the day the tournament begins, as listed on their player profile. For example – a player that is 14 years old on May 1 will be in the 11-14 age division for any event with the first round on May 1, even if the player turns 15 on May 2. The TJGT reserves the right to request proof of DOB at any time if age/date of birth details come into question.
Notable exception – for the yearly Tour Championship, boys who earn an invitation for their performance while in the 11-14 division may be still allowed to compete in the 11-14 division after turning 15, at the discretion of the TJGT staff.
VARIOUS TJGT POLICIES, DETAILS & INFORMATION
“No-Showing” For a Tournament
Players that register for tournaments are expected to keep track of their registrations and properly attend all tournaments they register for. If a player is unable to attend a tournament they have registered for, there are details at the top of this page outlining the TJGT cancelation/refund policies, and players are expected to notify TJGT staff of their intention to cancel/withdraw in advance of the tournament.
Starting in January 2022, TJGT will be tracking players that “no-show” for a tournament (meaning the player does not show up for their tee time and fails to notify TJGT staff in advance). Any player that “no-shows” for two tournaments in a given calendar year may be removed from future TJGT tournaments at the Executive Committee’s discretion and not permitted to participate in future TJGT events for the remainder of the year. Funds would be refunded to the player’s credit card, minus the $35 admin fee for each tournament.
Non-Members may play events on the TJGT at a higher rate. See tournament information page for non-member tournament pricing. Invitational entries/request will be handled on a case-by-case basis. [Click here for Membership Levels]
Alternates/Waiting List Policy
In the event of a tournament being over-booked, the order of alternate players will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis provided a player provides email notification of their desire to play. If a tournament is full, you must email TJGT to be put on a waiting list. TJGT staff will inform each player if a spot opens. Please make sure your contact info is updated in your personal membership profile.
Awards will be given to the top finishers in each age division. The awards presentation will take place near the scoring table following the conclusion of any tournament.
Any ties for 1st place will be broken by a sudden-death playoff. Any player that is not present for the beginning of the playoff will be considered forfeit, and awarded the lowest place of playoff participants. Ties for places other than 1st in which awards are given will be determined by the TJGT method of scorecard playoff (as recommended by the USGA), using holes 10-18 of the final round to break the tie.
Playing Up into a Division
A player may play up into a division if approved by TJGT staff. Email TJGT if you desire to play-up. Any points accumulated in another division will not be counted for player of the year/All-Tour teams. I.e: The player will only accumulate points for any award in the individual division he/she participates. Invitationals / Majors award points based on overall finish since the age division is 11-18.
Elite Series Events
All Invitationals are one age group: 11-18. Due to Golfweek rankings and AJGA PBE awards these tournaments are treated the same as an AJGA Open event. A 13 yr. old player is eligible for the same AJGA PBE as an 18 yr old player in the field.
Spectators will be allowed to rent carts but must follow the published policies of the host club. Host course information will be published on its respective tournament page. The host course controls all spectator cart rental costs. TJGT always requests the course keep their prices to minimum for junior golf parents.
TJGT ‘Trail Pass’ Spectator Cart Program (optional)
The Trail Pass Program ensures that you will receive a spectator cart upon your arrival, eliminating the wait time or the potential of not receiving a spectator cart: Sign up, Show up, Cart is waiting.
Start times, pairings and tee times will be posted on the website. Every effort will be made to post tee times no less than 48 hours prior to start of play. Always check the website the night before for any last minute changes due to late withdrawals. Parents and players will be responsible for finding start times, tee times and tournament information. This information can be found on each tournament information page link on the schedule page.
Tournament Withdrawal During Event
Once play has begun at any TJGT event, all players wishing to withdraw must report first to either the Tournament Director or on-site tournament official before leaving the golf course. All withdrawals once play begins will be categorized according to TJGT and NJGS policies, which can be viewed here. Results will be reported to Golfweek & JGS per their WD policy.
Rankings & AJGA PBE Awards:
All AJGA Stars as well as any Golfweek & Jr. Golf Scoreboard rankings will be listed on each individual tournament page. Selected TJGT events contain multiple levels of AJGA Performance Based Entry and all tournaments are ranked by Jr. Golf Scoreboard. See http://www.njgs.com for ranking guidelines.
Tournaments ranked by Golfweek are elite tournaments that require strict adherence to Golfweek rankings criteria. All TJGT Invitationals and Holiday Classics as well as selected Major tournaments are Golfweek ranked. See http://www.Golfweek.com for these criteria.
PARENT (CUSTOMER) MEMBERSHIP & TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- I understand and acknowledge a release, waiver and hold harmless agreement that at all times my son and/or daughter is a participant in the membership program of the Texas Junior Golf Tour, Inc. My son and/or daughter is not an employee of the Texas Junior Golf Tour, Inc., herein referred to as TJGT. My son and/or daughter, as well as myself, shall rely on my personal health and liability insurance in the event that my son and/or daughter or myself sustains any injuries or damages incident to the participation in any and all TJGT events.
- I hereby agree that all information provided by me about my player to be accurate and truthful, regarding gender and date of birth, and will immediately contact TJGT to correct any information that is false. I understand that if I knowingly falsify any information about my son/daughter pertaining to age or gender, the TJGT reserves the right to prohibit my son/daughter from participating in any TJGT or TJGT-related tournaments. The TJGT reserves the right to request a copy of a birth certificate at any time to verify age, date of birth or gender as it pertains to my player if those details are in question.
- Pursuant to my son and/or daughter’s participation in the TJGT program, I recognize that there are certain risks and possible bodily or personal injuries and damages that one may sustain through participation, including but not limited to the following: -Being struck by a golf club or misdirected golf club -Being struck by a golf cart or other vehicle -Injuries arising from sports, physical exertion or outside activities -Falls due to terrain or imperfect surfaces -Injuries due to weather conditions such as lighting, heat, cold and/or rain -Any other injuries or damages sustained while acting as a volunteer.
- I HEREBY ASSUME ALL RISKS and dangers on behalf of my son and/or daughter’s participation in the TJGT program and hereby release, waive and hold harmless on behalf of myself and my son and/or daughter and those claiming by, or under us, the TJGT from all claims, damages or causes of action that I or my son and/or daughter may have now or hereafter against the above identified parties and their officers, directors, members, agents, representatives or employees, arising out of any bodily or personal injuries or damages my son and/or daughter and myself may sustain in connection with my participation and my son and/or daughter’s participation with the program, including any bodily or personal injuries or damages caused or alleged to be caused all or in part by myself and my son and/or daughter or any other participant or volunteer, OR THE ACTIONS, FAILURE TO ACT OR NEGLIGENCE OF the TJGT, and their officers, directors, members, agents, representatives and employees.
- By registering my son/daughter for a tournament and participating in said event, I agree to and will abide by all TJGT Covid-19 policies and procedures. Full TJGT Policies and Procedures can be read here.
- This acknowledgement, release, waiver and hold harmless agreement shall be binding upon me and my son and/or daughter and our heirs, assigns and legal or personal representatives and I acknowledge this via the automatic email received after membership and/or tournament registration is approved with payment.
Publications, Video, Internet Consent and Release Agreement
Players who attend events in the TJGT season will occasionally be a part of TJGT publicity, publications and/or public relations activities. In order to guarantee player privacy and ensure your agreement for your son and/or daughter to participate, the TJGT asks that the parent and player agree to this release agreement in the act of registering for the current season. The agreement below indicates approval for the player’s name, picture, art, written work, voice, verbal statements or portraits (video or still) to appear in TJGT publications or on the TJGT website. For example, pictures and articles about TJGT activities may appear in local, regional and/or national newspapers or publications. These pictures and articles may or may not personally identify the player. The pictures and/or videos may be used by TJGT in subsequent years.
Agreement: Player and parent/guardian release to TJGT the player’s name, picture, art, written work, voice, verbal statements and/or portraits (video or still) and consent to their use by TJGT. TJGT agrees that the player’s name, picture, art, written work, voice, verbal statements and/or portraits (video or still) shall only be used for public relations, public information, TJGT promotion, publicity and instruction. Player and parent/guardian understand and agree that: no monetary consideration shall be paid; consent and release have been given without coercion or duress; this agreement is binding upon heirs and/or future legal representatives; the photo, video or player statements may be used in subsequent years. If the player and parent/guardian wish to rescind this agreement they may do so at any time with written notice. Effective date of agreement shall be the date of which the player signs up for either TJGT membership or their first tournament of the season. TJGT has no control of media use of pictures/statements that are taken without permission.