TJGT POLICIES & WAIVERS
THESE POLICES APPLY TO MEMBERSHIP & TOURNAMENT OPERATIONS. EACH REGISTERED MEMBER AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING POLICIES OR RISK LOSING THEIR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES.
Primary communication is via email. TJGT will make every effort to respond within 24 hours.
TJGT Staff Emails are listed under the “Contact Us” icon on the top of the home page.
— Donna Smith, Admin Assistant: email@example.com Cell: 817-521-9473 (Refunds, Profile Changes, Shirt Sizes etc)
— Travis Measley: Executive Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 214-223-9048.
1) In the event of a cancellation, funds will be returned to credit card used to make the purchase. ALL REFUNDS will be subjected to a $25 cancellation fee, per player, per entry. All refund requests must be submitted via e-mail to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) For TJGT Membership – TJGT memberships (full season, partial season and CBM) are non-refundable 24 hours after purchase.
3) For Qualifier Series and Junior Series events – Refund request deadline is 12 PM, 5 days before the event (Ex: Monday at 12 PM before a Sat-Sun tournament). Once the deadline has passed, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, unless one of the below requirements is met:
- Significant injury or illness (accompanying note from doctor preferred)
- Death of family member or close friend
- Qualification for national-level tournament (AJGA, USGA) or adult state/city amateurs. This does not include qualifiers, only the tournament themselves. Junior state-level amatuers and other local junior tour events are not included.
4) For Elite Series events – Refund request deadline is 12 PM, 7 days before the event. Once the deadline has passed, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, unless one of the requirements outlined above is met.
5) No refunds will be given, regardless of reason, after 7 AM the day before an event. By this time, pairings have been set and courses have been informed of guaranteed player counts.
6) Entry fees will be refunded in the way they were paid. Credit used will be refunded as credit to player’s account, card payments will be refund to CC, minus $25 cancellation fee.
7) Please allow 1-2 business days for all refunds to be processed, and another 3-5 business days for funds to show back up on your CC account.
A tournament that completes nine holes by players within a division (boys 15-18, boys 11-14, girls 15-18, girls 11-14) is deemed a completed tournament. Therefore, no refund for the divisions that have completed the 9 holes. Rankings are at the discretion of the individual ranking system guidelines: Golfweek, Jr. Golf Scoreboard and AJGA for PBE awards. TJGT will make every effort to complete a minimum of 9 holes placing a priority on safety first.
If a tournament does not complete nine holes using the above divisional policy, players will receive a refund of the tournament fee, less a $45 cancellation fee to cover tee gift and staffing costs. The net refund will be credited back to the credit card used to make payment. If a complete cancellation occurs before a tournament has begun, a full refund will be given to each player. In the event of a full cancellation, please allow up to 7 business days for refunds to be processed, due to field sizes. Note: a tournament has officially started once check-in begins before the first round.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- The TJGT prides itself in the quality of players, host facilities and community involvement at each of its events. In order to continue making our events enjoyable for everyone, the TJGT requires all of its members to adhere to a set of guidelines known as the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct helps to ensure that our players grow and mature by understanding and accepting the consequences of their actions as they participate in our events and visit the host facility and its city. The Code of Conduct is to be followed throughout the junior’s stay at the tournament and host city.
- Violations of the Code of Conduct include: unsportsmanlike conduct (including abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors or abuse of golf course property); not adhering to the dress code of the host golf course; use or association with drugs or alcohol, smoking or chewing tobacco products; vandalism at host hotel, abusive behavior to any competitor’s family and/or property; and conduct not becoming of a TJGT player, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions.
- Code of Conduct Violation Penalties: Any Code of Conduct violation will result in a letter written to the player and/or his/her parent/guardian. The TJGT tournament committee may enforce any or all of the following penalties based on the severity and frequency of the violation(s): a two-stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike conduct on the golf course, immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs and/or a tournament disqualification that may result in disqualification from the next tournament(s) for which a player has been accepted. The TJGT reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership for a major breach of the TJGT Code of Conduct. Violation of the TJGT Code of Conduct may affect a player’s eligibility for invitational events and post-season honors.
Non-Members may play up to two tournaments for an additional $70 per tournament until Feb, 15th, 2017. Invitational entries/request will be handled on a case-by-case basis. After Feb 15th, 2017 there are NO non-member entries. [Click here for Membership Levels]
Alternates/Waiting List Policy
In the event of a tournament being over-booked, the order of alternate players will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis provided a player provides email notification of their desire to play. If a tournament is full, you must email TJGT to be put on a waiting list. TJGT staff will inform each player if a spot opens. Please make sure your contact info is updated in your personal membership profile.
Awards will be given to the top finishers in each age division. The flag presentation will take place at the scoreboard immediately following the conclusion of any tournament.
Any ties for 1st place will be broken by a sudden-death playoff. Any player that is not present for the beginning of the playoff will be considered forfeit, and awarded the lowest play of playoff participants.
Ties for places other than 1st in which awards are given will be determined by a scorecard playoff, as instructed by USGA rules.
Eligibility to Play on the Texas Junior Golf Tour
Junior golfers between the ages of 11-19 are eligible to compete on the Texas Junior Golf Tour. Once a player has graduated high school and begins the next level of education full time (college, junior/community college, prep school, etc.), they are no longer eligible to compete on the TJGT, regardless of age. Any player who is unclear about their eligibility or wishes to request eligibility based on a unique age or academic situation, please contact Travis Measley – email@example.com.
Divisions for non-invitationals for both boys and girls are 11-14 and 15-18. All Majors(##) / Invitationals(***) are one division: 11-18. A player whose birthday falls at the start of the tournament can play in age division he/she registered for membership. Please keep TJGT advised of changing age divisions. All points earned in the previous age division will not be transferred into the new age division. A player who earned points in the 11-14 division must start over earning points when moving up an age division.
Playing Up into a Division
A player may play up into a division if approved by TJGT staff. Email TJGT if you desire to play- up. Any points accumulated in another division will not be counted for player of the year/All-Tour teams. I.e: The player will only accumulate points for any award in the individual division he/she participates. Invitationals / Majors award points based on overall finish since the age division is 11-18.
Invitationals & Major Events
All Invitationals are one age group: 11-18. Due to Golfweek rankings and AJGA PBE awards these tournaments are treated the same as an AJGA Open event. A 13 yr. old player is eligible for the same AJGA PBE as an 18 yr old player in the field. Click Here for Major/Invitational Criteria
Spectators will be allowed to rent carts but must follow the published policies of the host club. Host course information will be published on its respective tournament page. The host course controls all spectator cart rental costs. TJGT always requests the course keep their prices to minimum for junior golf parents.
TJGT ‘Trail Pass’ Spectator Cart Program (optional)
The Trail Pass Program ensures that you will receive a spectator cart upon your arrival, eliminating the wait time or the potential of not receiving a spectator cart: Sign up, Show up, Cart is waiting.
Start times, pairings and tee times will be posted on the website. Every effort will be made to post tee times no less than 48 hours prior to start of play. Always check the website the night before for any last minute changes due to late withdrawals. Parents and players will be responsible for finding start times, tee times and tournament information. This information can be found on each tournament information page link on the schedule page.
Tournament Withdrawal During Event
Once play has begun at any TJGT event, all players wishing to withdraw must report first to either the Tournament Director, TJGT Vice-President or TJGT President present before leaving the golf course. The player and/or his/her pairing competitors will be interviewed on the subject of the withdrawing player’s health, illness, injury and general physical condition during the event. Based on the information gathered, the withdrawal will be categorized in one of two ways: justified withdrawal, or unjustified withdrawal. Unjustified withdrawals will be subject to a disqualification (6-3a). Results will be reported to Golfweek & JGS per their WD policy. All WD’s are handled in accordance with AJGA Standards.
Rankings & AJGA PBE Awards:
All AJGA Stars as well as any Golfweek & Jr. Golf Scoreboard rankings will be listed on each individual tournament page. Selected TJGT events contain multiple levels of AJGA Performance Based Entry and all tournaments are ranked by Jr. Golf Scoreboard. See http://www.njgs.com for ranking guidelines.
Tournaments ranked by Golfweek are elite tournaments that require strict adherence to Golfweek rankings criteria. All TJGT Invitationals and Holiday Classics as well as selected Major tournaments are Golfweek ranked. See http://www.Golfweek.com for these criteria.
2016-17 SEASON MEMBERSHIP & TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- I understand and acknowledge a release, waiver and hold harmless agreement that at all times my son and/or daughter is a participant in the 2016-17 program of the Texas Junior Golf Tour, Inc. My son and/or daughter is not an employee of the Texas Junior Golf Tour, Inc., herein referred to as TJGT. My son and/or daughter, as well as myself, shall rely on my personal health and liability insurance in the event that my son and/or daughter or myself sustains any injuries or damages incident to the participation in any and all 2016-17 TJGT events. (2016-17Season: Sept 1st, 2016- Aug, 31st, 2017.)
- Pursuant to my son and/or daughter’s participation in the 2016-2017 TJGT program, I recognize that there are certain risks and possible bodily or personal injuries and damages that one may sustain through participation, including but not limited to the following: -Being struck by a golf club or misdirected golf club -Being struck by a golf cart or other vehicle -Injuries arising from sports, physical exertion or outside activities -Falls due to terrain or imperfect surfaces -Injuries due to weather conditions such as lighting, heat, cold and/or rain -Any other injuries or damages sustained while acting as a volunteer.
- I HEREBY ASSUME ALL RISKS and dangers on behalf of my son and/or daughter’s participation in the 2016-17 TJGT program and hereby release, waive and hold harmless on behalf of myself and my son and/or daughter and those claiming by, or under us, the TJGT from all claims, damages or causes of action that I or my son and/or daughter may have now or hereafter against the above identified parties and their officers, directors, members, agents, representatives or employees, arising out of any bodily or personal injuries or damages my son and/or daughter and myself may sustain in connection with my participation and my son and/or daughter’s participation with the TJGT 2016-17 program, including any bodily or personal injuries or damages caused or alleged to be caused all or in part by myself and my son and/or daughter or any other participant or volunteer, OR THE ACTIONS, FAILURE TO ACT OR NEGLIGENCE OF the TJGT, and their officers, directors, members, agents, representatives and employees.
- This acknowledgement, release, waiver and hold harmless agreement shall be binding upon me and my son and/or daughter and our heirs, assigns and legal or personal representatives and I acknowledge this via the automatic email received after membership registration is approved with payment.
Publications, Video, Internet Consent and Release Agreement
Players who attend events in the TJGT season will occasionally be a part of TJGT publicity, publications and/or public relations activities. In order to guarantee player privacy and ensure your agreement for your son and/or daughter to participate, the TJGT asks that the parent and player agree to this release agreement in the act of registering for the current season. The agreement below indicates approval for the player’s name, picture, art, written work, voice, verbal statements or portraits (video or still) to appear in TJGT publications or on the TJGT website. For example, pictures and articles about TJGT activities may appear in local, regional and/or national newspapers or publications. These pictures and articles may or may not personally identify the player. The pictures and/or videos may be used by TJGT in subsequent years.
Agreement: Player and parent/guardian release to TJGT the player’s name, picture, art, written work, voice, verbal statements and/or portraits (video or still) and consent to their use by TJGT. TJGT agrees that the player’s name, picture, art, written work, voice, verbal statements and/or portraits (video or still) shall only be used for public relations, public information, TJGT promotion, publicity and instruction. Player and parent/guardian understand and agree that: no monetary consideration shall be paid; consent and release have been given without coercion or duress; this agreement is binding upon heirs and/or future legal representatives; the photo, video or player statements may be used in subsequent years. If the player and parent/guardian wish to rescind this agreement they may do so at any time with written notice. Effective date of agreement shall be the date of the first event for the 2016-17 season. (Sept.1st, 2016) TJGT has no control of media use of pictures/statements that are taken without permission.