All RMJT updates regarding COVID-19, tournaments, schedules, cancellations and reschedules will be posted here, as well as communicated via e-mail when necessary.
**March 18, 2020 Update**
As each new day begins, we are doing our best to keep up with our different cities/markets and following to our best abilities what the local and state governments (along with the CDC and WHO) recommend/require of local businesses. What a crazy time! We hope everyone is hanging in and staying smart and safe.
A couple points of note:
- In following the recommendations of local governments and the CDC/WHO, golf courses and outdoor golf activities are allowed to continue, and we are excited for the opportunity to get back on the golf course when the time comes. The normal TJGT schedule kicks off again on May 2-3 at The Tyler Rose, and we plan on continuing our schedule in full at that time, albeit with considerable safety precautions.
- The Traditions Spring Invitational has been rescheduled for Aug 22-23. Players who were in the field before the event was postponed will be given first right of refusal for the new date, an then we will open the remaining spots
We have been communicating with other Tours, both locally and nationwide about some safety precautions that can be put in place when events do begin again. As such, the TJGT plans to implement these protocols for all May tournaments (and may add additional protocols as necessary):
- Handshakes, close contact and gathering between players and TJGT staff will be forbidden before or after the round. Hand sanitizer will be available at check in, the first tee and scoring.
- Players will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly before their tee time, and TJGT staff will be required to wash their hands at hourly intervals throughout the day.
- When possible, check-in and scoring will be moved outside to promote social distancing, and the scoring area will be expanded and adjusted to promote the same practice. We will also be eliminating scoreboards and move to online scoring only.
- All players will be e-mailed the Notice to Players before each round instead of given a paper copy, and will be allowed to access the Notice via their phones during the play.
- Pending approval from the NJGS, AJGA and USGA, players may be asked to leave the pin in on the green at all times in an effort to limit the spread of germs.
- Player shuttles will be drastically reduced, and in the event of an absolutely necessary shuttle, only 1 player will be allowed in a cart with a TJGT staff member; spectators may only shuttle their own child/player, and only when specifically ask by TJGT officials.
- On-course food/snacks may be severely restricted to water only.
**March 13, 2020 Update**
Due to the increasing uncertainly regarding COVD-19, and especially the implications of the virus spreading via travel, we have decided to postpone all events on the weekend of March 14-15, 2020, and are working with the golf courses to reschedule. Players already registered for that event will be notified via e-mail of the postponement and all their options regarding the reschedule date, refunds, etc.
**March 11, 2020 Update**
The Texas Junior Golf Tour is closely monitoring all available information related to the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as local government instructions and recommendations in areas where our tournaments are held. Our main priority is the safety of our players, spectators, staff members and partner organizations and golf courses.
At this time, we plan on continuing our spring and summer schedules as posted, but we are also constantly re-evaluating all scenarios and situations, and will not hesitate to make any changes, postponements or cancellations if deemed necessary, even at the last minute.
We will be increasing our safety protocols at tournaments, and we encourage you to practice good hygiene with frequent and rigorous hand washing. We are asking any players who are sick to stay home. The TJGT cancellation policy will be modified through May 1, 2020 to accommodate these concerns. We will continue to evaluate our schedule and events over the coming weeks/months, and provide ample communication when necessary. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
On behalf the TJGT staff, thank you for your patience. We look forward to seeing you on the course!
Texas Junior Golf Tour